Grain hauler overturns closing State Route D west of Boulder City in Newton County
Tpr T.R. Morris of Missouri State Highway Patrol tells us on scene the driver was not injured in the crash
NEWTON COUNTY, Mo. — About 8:45 a.m. Monday morning Newton County Central Dispatch were alerted to reports of an overturned tractor trailer crash, lines down, near Boulder City in Newton County.
Stella Fire responded to the crash, they have a station at Boulder City within sight of the crash. They also set up traffic control closing State Route D.
On scene Tpr T.R. Morris of Troop D tells us the driver was not injured in the crash. The tractor trailer was traveling east on State Route D, approaching State Route H. The final curve before the bridge it overturned on the west side of the bridge.
As the tractor trailer overturned it took out a New Mac Electric pole causing a local outage to some close to the crash.
The crash was recovered by Thomas Towing of Monett, Mo.
The roadway was cleared of the tractor trailer at 12:20 p.m. allowing traffic. However electric crews will be on scene for an untold number of hours as they reset poles and lines.
- DURING THE INCIDENT:
- State Route D closed just west of Boulder City near Quail.
- State Route D traffic coming from east to west can turn north onto H, but cannot continue over Boulder City bridge.
This is a breaking news story, stay with Joplin News First on KOAM News Now as we continue to learn more.
- MORE JOPLIN NEWS FIRST…
- Box truck overturns, blocking both lanes I-44 near Sarcoxie
- Man wanted on Burglary Warrant runs from cops on bicycle, now arrested
- Joplin man suffers serious injuries in motorcycle crash near Saginaw
- Longtime Northpark Mall retailer moves across the street
- Osage Nation release renderings of proposed Lake of the Ozarks casino
- The implosion of James River Power Plant in Springfield
- The best EMS conference in the region is free and begins Monday
- Joplin Police seek assistance identifying man in armed robbery
- Carthage Fire, family and friends, remember fallen firefighter; Last call: 18 years ago today
- Fatal fire investigation in Newton County, woman dead
- Chris Stapleton is coming to the AMP July 29
- Parole absconder wanted on outstanding warrants
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.