General On-Air Official Rules
KOAM-TV & KFJX-TV (FOX 14)
(Affiliates of QueenB Television of Kansas Missouri, LLC and SagamoreHill of Missouri, LLC)
No purchase necessary.
Contestant must be 18 years of age or older on the day of the contest to be eligible (unless otherwise specified). This contest is void where prohibited by law.
1. Viewers must enter by calling the KOAM/KFJX studio at 888-620-4869 (unless otherwise specified) when they are given a cue, or a time to call weekday mornings during KOAM Morning News from 5:00AM-7:00AM on KOAM-TV and the KOAM Morning News on FOX 14 from 7:00AM-8:00AM. Unless otherwise specified, be the correct caller when you hear the cue to call, and you could be a prize winner, if you meet all eligibility requirements (see below). A To-Be-Determined number of winners will be chosen from the entries received. Additional instructions for each individual contest may or may not accompany the “cue to call” and must be followed to be eligible to win. Winner(s) will receive a To-Be-Determined prize approximately valued between $1 and $500. Unless otherwise specified, all calls will take place at KOAM Television Station (2950 NE Hwy 69, Pittsburg, KS 66762). The winner does not need to be present to win. The odds of winning depend on the total number of calls.
Winners will be notified by email and/or phone. If a winner is unreachable after seven (7) days, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. If an eligible winner cannot be found for the prize, that prize will not be awarded.
All results posted or mentioned on-air are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail or phone notification.
2. Winners must provide name, address, phone number and date of birth in order to collect the prize(s). No mechanically or mass-produced entries will be accepted. KOAM-TV, KFJX-TV, QueenB Television of Kansas Missouri, LLC, SagamoreHill of Missouri, LLC, and affiliated sponsors are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries. KOAM-TV, KFJX-TV, QueenB Television of Kansas Missouri, LLC, SagamoreHill of Missouri, LLC and affiliated sponsors are not responsible for cheating or fraud by contestants. Any activities intended to disrupt or interfere with the proper play of the contest, or to defraud KOAM-TV, KFJX-TV, QueenB Television of Kansas Missouri, LLC, SagamoreHill of Missouri, LLC and/or affiliated sponsors in any way, may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Contestants engaging in any of the foregoing activities will be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won.
3. Employees of KFJX-TV (FOX 14) and KOAM-TV, and their ultimate parent company, SagamoreHill of Missouri, LLC and QueenB Television of Kansas Missouri, LLC, their advertising agencies, interns, independent contractors, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within the 14-County Designated Market Area are not eligible to win or participate in the contest. Immediate family includes spouse, great grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren of the employee and his or her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is the current legal guardian.
4. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Selected winners must be at least 18 years of age or older at the time of the contest (unless otherwise specified). They must also be US citizens. All entrants must be a legal resident of the state of Missouri, Kansas or Oklahoma. KFJX-TV and KOAM-TV reserve the right to restrict the local winners to persons whose primary residence is within the 14 county Pittsburg, KS/Joplin, MO Designated Market Area (DMA). The counties include Allen, Bourbon, Cherokee, Crawford, Labette, Neosho, Wilson, and Woodson in Kansas. In Missouri counties include Barton, Jasper, McDonald, Newton, and Vernon. And in Oklahoma, Ottawa County.
If the winning entrant is found to live outside the specific region, or does not meet all eligibility requirements, he or she will subsequently be disqualified, and a new winner may or may not be chosen. Only one winner per household during the contest period, at the discretion of KOAM/KFJX Staff. Non-compliance with rules may result in disqualification.
5. Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. No substitution of prizes will be permitted. If winner forfeits prize for any reason, KOAM-TV, KFJX-TV, QueenB Television of Kansas Missouri, LLC, SagamoreHill of Missouri, LLC is not obligated to award the prize to another winner. The Stations sole responsibility will be to award the prize and will have no further liability if the winner(s) cannot, or chooses not to, use any of the prizes. The stations reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
6. KOAM-TV, KFJX-TV, QueenB Television of Kansas Missouri, LLC, SagamoreHill of Missouri, LLC and affiliated sponsors are not liable for the failure of any third-party prizes. KOAM-TV, KFJX-TV, QueenB Television of Kansas Missouri, LLC, SagamoreHill of Missouri, LLC also reserves the right to not award prizes to contestants who have, in the sole judgment of Station Contest Administrators and station representatives, failed to comply with the terms of any contests conducted by KOAM-TV and KFJX-TV.
The stations are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God.
7. The winner is responsible for all local, state, and federal applicable taxes and all incidental expenses arising from this contest. All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail or phone notification.
Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and may be required to complete an IRS form W-9 when the prize value is $600 or more. Sponsor and stations reserve the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
8. By participating in this contest, contestants grant KOAM-TV and KFJX-TV permission and the right to publicize and/or broadcast contestant’s name, character, likeness, voice, and fact that he/she has participated in and/or won a KOAM-TV and KFJX-TV contest without any additional compensation.
9. Decisions of KOAM-TV and KFJX-TV contest administrators and station representatives are final. Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the contest commissioners, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest.
10. By accepting any prize, winner releases KOAM-TV and KFJX-TV from any and all liabilities associated with the use and receipt of said prize. Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize.
11. By participating in this contest, each entrant unconditionally agrees to abide by these rules. KOAM-TV and KFJX-TV reserves the right to change the rules or discontinue the contest at any time without notice.
12. Time-Sensitive prizes (i.e. concerts & events, etc.) must be picked up from KOAM-TV and KFJX-TV studio (2950 NE Hwy 69 Pittsburg, KS 66762) no later than 5pm on the evening of the event, or by 5pm on Friday if the event occurs during a weekend. If the event occurs on a holiday, winner must collect prize by 5pm on the business day before the holiday. All prizes not picked up by the applicable deadline may be forfeited.
13. Non time-sensitive prizes (i.e. promotional items, clothing, etc.) must be picked up from KOAM-TV and KFJX-TV (2950 NE Hwy 69 Pittsburg, KS 66762) within 30 days of contest end date. All prizes not picked up 30 days after contest end date may be forfeited.
14. KFJX-TV (FOX 14), KOAM-TV, QueenB Television of Kansas Missouri, LLC, and SagamoreHill of Missouri, LLC reserve the right to change the rules at any time.