Free community meals for Thanksgiving 2020
Organizations and non-profits announce plans for free Thanksgiving community meals. KOAM will be adding to this list ahead of Nov. 26, 2020. If you have an event you would like added, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joplin, Mo. First United Methodist Church – Nov. 26
- Joplin First United Methodist Church will offer a free Thanksgiving Day community meal Thursday November 26, 2020, in a drive-through and walk-through format from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on the north parking lot of the church at 501 West Fourth Street, Joplin, Mo. 65801. Due to Covid-19, the event format has been modified this year and no inside dining will be offered.
- “We look forward to hosting this meal each year and the opportunity it creates to connect with our neighbors and the community,” said pastor Marsha West Eichler. Joplin First UMC has been in ministry in the Joplin area for more than 148 years and continues to seek ways to offer compassion, hope and vitality to the community.
The Salvation Army Joplin – Holiday Meals – call 624-4528 for more info
- The Salvation Army in JOPLIN provides Thanksgiving and Christmas meals for families unable to create a special meal themselves. We serve homemade dinners at our facility and provide a Christmas dinner box to families enrolled in the Angel Tree program. Each box feeds a family of 6 and includes meat, potatoes, stuffing, vegetables, biscuits, cake mix, and more.
- The CARTHAGE location provides Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner boxes for eligible families. Each box will provide all the traditional fixings to create a special family holiday meal.
Cherokee, Kan. United Methodist Church
- Cherokee will have a community take-out Thanksgiving Dinner at the Cherokee Methodist Church at 309 W Magnolia in Cherokee, KS. To reserve meals, call City Hall at 620-457-8413.
United Methodist Church – Neodesha, KS
- Thanksgiving Day – there will be carryout or local delivery only options for a meal between 11:30-1:30 at the Neodesha United Methodist Church (802 Indiana Street)
- Call (620) 325-2787 to request delivery. Phones will be answered between 8 AM and 1:30 PM that day.
The Lord’s Diner – Pittsburg, KS
- Thanksgiving turkey dinner, Nov. 26, 2020, from 5-7pm. Due to Covid-19, there is currently no dine-in option for guests, so all meals are served to-go from the front door. No need to call ahead. Meals are free. 406 N. Locust (seeking donations of turkeys to offset costs of the dinner)