Former Ottawa County jailer charged with larceny
OTTAWA COUNTY, Okla. – Authorities accuse a former Ottawa County jailer of stealing money from an inmate’s account.
Prosecutors charged Clifford Demond with grand larceny and computer fraud.
According to court documents, in September 2021, Clifford used two other county sheriff employees to log in and reopen a released inmate’s account. Clifford then allegedly used the ‘release pay debit card’ to make purchases at a shoe store and Walmart.
Documents state that Clifford spent more than $2,400.
The courts have scheduled him to appear before a judge on November 1st, 2021.
Previous Ottawa County Headlines
- Ottawa County first responders remember 9/11 by participating in stair climb
- Ottawa County sheriff investigates weekend fire at jail
- Damage to Ottawa County Jail by inmates costing thousands
- Ottawa County Sheriff indicted for embezzlement and perjury
- Wyandotte Nation donates money to Ottawa County Sherif’s office
Sign up for daily email newsletters from KOAM below.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.