Foggy conditions contribute to traffic crashes
Columbus Fire Rescue remind, "Please use Caution while driving this morning, the fog is very dangerous."
CHEROKEE, Kan. – Authorities note Monday morning’s fog could slow travel. Additionally crashes in SE Kansas could be attributed to the fog conditions.
Columbus Fire Rescue remind, “Please use Caution while driving this morning, the fog is very dangerous.”
In Missouri the highway patrol post on twitter an image of the traffic camera near Duenweg, Mo. along I-44.
Take your time this morning and turn on your lights. Allow more following distance and slow down. Fog can hide obstacles and even other cars. pic.twitter.com/Q7DGKMP4XU
— MSHP Troop D (@MSHPTrooperD) April 4, 2022
“Our crews were busy early this morning. Please be careful out there this morning. The thick fog is bringing visibilities down to several only hundreds of feet. Please reduce your speed and give yourself some extra time as you come and go until the fog lifts.” – Cherokee County EMS
- There are two crashes noted in SE Kansas that departments are working:
- Injury crash at the intersection of K7 and Hwy 400
- Crash West of McCune on Hwy 400
“Expect delays this morning and avoid the area of k7 / 400 if possible. Sheridan Township.” – Columbus Fire Rescue
- Here is a list of SE Kansas Departments to follow on your social media to keep up to date. Click the link then “follow” on the top of their respective pages.
- Scammon Fire Department
- West Mineral Fire Department
- Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office – Kansas
- Columbus Fire Rescue
- Cherokee County EMS -Kansas
Stay with Joplin News First on KOAM News Now as we continue to learn more on road conditions.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.