Fitness: Stay in shape with free online help
There are several companies offering freebies while residents stay inside due to the spread of COVID-19. Here are a few for those looking to get fit, stay in shape or just get moving.
- YMCA 360 is a free online community program offering on-demand programs and digital coaching. They have boot camp, barre, yoga, low impact programs for seniors and more available.
- Barry’s has rolled out complimentary, twice-daily at-home workouts on their Instagram channel. Two options focus on body weight or Barry’s exclusive “Band Together Fit Kit” that includes a package of resistance, mini and booty bands. Follow their page on Instagram, enable notifications and you’ll be notified when the workout goes live.
- CorePower Yoga is offering free streaming live classes on their YouTube channel 9 AM, 2 PM and 7 PM our time each day. If you’re a member or become a member, full unlimited access to all online classes are available through CorePower Yoga on Demand. Non-members are provided free access to a limited collection of online classes each week.
- Lululemon will host free Instagram Live sessions featuring yoga, do-anywhere workouts, meditation and self-care tips.
- Planet Fitness streams live, at-home workouts (“Home Work-Ins”) for free on their Facebook page daily at 6 PM our time. Live broadcasts will be viewable on the Facebook page and YouTube channel after they’ve completed.
- Peloton is extending their free trial period from 30 days to 90 days. Download the app or head to the website, sign up and you’ll have access to streaming and on-demand workouts for spin, tread, yoga, strength training and more.
- Daily Burn is offering 60 days of free workouts for new and current members. Most of the workouts involve using only your body as the equipment. The company says this is a great option for those that may not have access to any home gym equipment or weights at home.
- Gold’s Gym has over 600 audio and video workouts available through the Gold’s Amp Digital Personal Trainer app. New users get free access until May 31st with the promo code FIT60 when they sign up.
- Crunch Fitness has an online workout class portal, Crunch Live, that has a 45 day free trial. The app will provide over 100 workouts that include, dance, yoga, pilates, barre, kickboxing and more.
- Orangetheory shares 30-minute workout videos each day. The workouts don’t require any special equipment, but you might need to get creative with items around your house. The new workout videos can be found on their YouTube channel.
- PE Central Lesson plans and activites to promote physical education at home https://www.pecentral.org/lessonideas/pelessonplans.html