In response to the 1.6 million accidents caused each year by texting and driving, Briggs Ft. Scott and KOAMNewsNow.com have teamed up to make the roads safer in our 4-State Area. Thank you for joining us by pledging to be a Text-Free Driver.
After taking the pledge below you will receive a free window cling by mail for your vehicle to spread awareness and support.
In an effort to save lives, reduce injuries and protect property I pledge to take a public stand against texting and driving.
- to stay focused on driving by leaving my phone in my pocket, purse or glove compartment and never read or send a text until I’ve reached my destination.
- to utilize the technology in my phone that prevents texts from being received or sent, automatically sending a notification that I will respond when I’m no longer driving.
- to spread the message about road safety, encouraging members of my family and friends to be a Text-Free Driver, too.
- to be a vocal advocate for driving safety by speaking up if the driver of the car I’m riding in is distracted by a phone.
- to be a strong example to younger drivers, helping to educate them about the dangers of texting and driving behind the wheel.
- to take a public stance against texting and driving by placing the Text-Free Driver window cling on my car for other drivers to see.