Drowning at Twin Bridges State Park boat ramp
According to GRDA Police, a man was backing a truck with a trailer down the boat ramp, when both the truck and trailer went into the water and sank
UPDATE: Now Saturday GRDA release information they have recovered a body from the water near the boat ramp.
OTTAWA COUNTY, Okla. – Thursday evening reports of rescue boats in the water at Twin Bridges State Park led to a release of information from the Grand River Dam Authority Police Department (GRDA PD).
“The Grand River Dam Authority Police Department is working a drowning scene on Grand Lake this evening.” – GRDA
According to GRDA Police, a male was backing a truck with a trailer down the boat ramp at Twin Bridges State Park Thursday evening, on the north end of the lake, when both the truck and trailer went into the water and sank about 20 yards from the end of the ramp. The driver did not exit the vehicle.
Our Joplin News First tipsters spotted officers on the scene, searching the water near the ramp.
This is a breaking news story. Stay with KOAM News Now as we continue to learn more.
- MORE JOPLIN NEWS FIRST…
- First Degree Murder charges in death of infant
- Elevated grass fire risk across region
- Arkansas flags fly at half staff for two killed in the line of duty, separate incidents
- Vehicle Theft suspect caught on camera; Male now caught by authorities after two-day search
- Fire destroys building on Cassville, Mo. Square
- People’s Convoy nears Joplin; Sheriff Heath Winfrey estimates 1,000 trucks in Big Cabin
- Peoples Convoy stops in Big Cabin, Okla. Sunday night; Passing through Joplin Monday
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.