DWI crash, man suffers serious injuries rolling vehicle at Belle Center curve
Missouri State Highway Patrol release details regarding the DWI crash investigation
JASPER COUNTY, Mo. — Just before 4:00 a.m. Tuesday Jasper County Emergency 911 were alerted to reports of a crash at Belle Center and Central City Road.
Carl Junction Fire, METS ambulance and Jasper County Sheriff’s Deputies responded.
METS ambulance transported the male driver to Freeman West hospital suffering serious injuries.
Tpr J.L. Prewitt of the Missouri State Highway Patrol releases more information.
Anthony Lockhart, 58, of Joplin, was driving the 2013 Honda Accord, westbound on Belle Center.
“[Honda] failed to negotiate a curve, drove off the roadway, struck a road sign, and overturned.” – Tpr J.L. Prewitt of Troop D
Lockhart was arrested and released to receive medical care.
The vehicle was totaled. It was removed by Rosenberg Recovery & Towing.
This is a developing story. Stay with KOAM News Now as we continue to learn more.
- MORE JOPLIN NEWS FIRST…
- Three vehicles collide and two end on their side, west of Neosho, Mo.
- Pair charged with Felony Drug Trafficking after drug raid
- Pickup overturned and burned after being struck by car
- No. 1 box office movie in America, B&B Theaters Neosho special showing with writer, actor and comedian, Preston Lacy
- Carport and cars burn at Mayflower Apartments in historic Murphysburg Neighborhood
- Sinkhole forms in Joplin’s Landreth Park
- Old Route 66 state line now marked, it’s the perfect photo op for thousands of travelers
- “Extremely large” amount of Fentanyl seized in two Joplin drug raids
- Kenny Chesney, Here and Now Tour this summer at Walmart AMP
- I-49 wrong-way crash kills two, Missouri State Highway Patrol investigate
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.