Computer issues: Temporary changes are made in Joplin
JOPLIN, Mo. – The City of Joplin experiences computer system issues, causing online services to be unavailable to the public.
According to a release from the City, staff is working on the issue.
- City phones are not working. The system is internet based.
- The 9-1-1 system IS still operational.
- Online payments for utilities (trash and sewer) bill or court fines cannot be made. Residents can still make payments in person with a check or cash.
- Municipal Court cannot conduct any case management work.
- The Planning & Zoning front counter is open. They can take applications at the front counter and will accept cash and checks for payment. They can’t accept cards at this time.
- All Building Division services are being provided at the front counter. Workers can still issue building permits at the front counter. They can accept cash or checks and schedule inspections only at the front counter due to phones not working.
- The City’s Code Enforcement service is still provided and complaints will bee accepted at the front counter. They can’t provide service by phone or through See Click Fix.
- The Health Department’s case investigation for communicable diseases is limited. Other limited services include WIC services, temporary Medicaid applications, vital records, some vaccinations (COVID is still available) and animal control dispatch. If there’s an emergency situation, such as a dog bite, please call 9-1-1.
- Parks and Recreation’s online services for enrollments or payments are not available. Residents can still get this done in person at the Joplin Athletic Complex. Schifferdecker Pool will be open, accepting cash only. There are no changes to the golf course operations.
- Joplin Municipal Airport is still operational and has not been affected.
The City of Joplin says they will keep the public posted as services are brought back online.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.