Campus events at MSSU closed to external guests
JOPLIN, Mo. – Missouri Southern State University closes events to external guests “in order to keep campus safe and for classes and activities to continue face-to-face.”
Until further notice, all campus activities, including those scheduled as part of the Caribbean Semester, will be open only to MSSU students, faculty and staff.
The university also released the following updates to operations at the Beimdiek Recreation Center and the George A. Spiva Library until further notice:
Beimdiek Recreation Center
- Maximum 25% capacity in the Rec Center
- Basketball/volleyball courts will be closed
- Free weights area will be closed
- Fitness classes will be cancelled
- Intramurals will be cancelled
George A. Spiva Library
- The first-floor entrance to the library remains closed.
- The entrance facing the Oval will remain open and access will be granted to current MSSU students and employees
- Students and employees will be required to show MSSU identification at the library-staffed table as they enter
- Community borrowers will not be permitted access regardless if they present valid government-issued identification
- Signs will be posted that state access is only for current students and employees
- The Circulation 2 phone number (625-9862) will be included on signage for current employees and students to call to request assistance to enter the library for handicap access.
- Library hours are posted on their main page.