Call for Submissions: 200 years of the Show Me State Art
The Post Art Library in Joplin is looking for local artwork to celebrate the upcoming bicentennial.
Jill Sullivan with the Post Art Library in Joplin stopped by the morning show to discuss Missouri Art Now, A Bicentennial Celebration.
A juried, traveling exhibition that will feature sixty works from artists throughout the state, the goal is to demonstrate Missouri’s vibrant visual arts culture. The exhibition curators have announced a call for entry.
A nonrefundable $30 fee applies. Artists will be notified by January 1, 2021. The exhibition will travel as follows, with these opening/closing dates:
- March 5-27, 2021 at the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, Cape Girardeau, MO
- April 9-May 15, 2021 at The Center for Missouri Studies in Columbia, MO
- July May 29-July 17, 2021 at Spiva Center for the Arts in Joplin, MO
- July 23-September 6, 2021 at the Hannibal Arts Council in Hannibal, MO
- September 17-November 7, 2021 at the Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art in Saint Joseph, MO