Brother and sister remain hospitalized after gas can explosion

Brother and sister remain hospitalized after gas can explosion
Copyright 2019 by KOAMNewsNow KOAM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

A brother and sister are hospitalized after a gas can explosion in Carl Junction.

According to Police Chief Delmar Haase, the 12-year-old girl and 10-year-old boy found an old gas can. They were going to set something on fire when the can exploded, injuring both children.

Haase says the incident happened around noon on December 12th on Schimm Circle.

According to children’s great grandmother, 15% of the girls body has burns. She’s in the Springfield burn unit and will need surgery and a skin graft on her face.

The boy is in a hospital in Galveston, Texas. He has burns on 40% of his body and is expected to stay in the hospital for about two months.

The mother is at the hospital in Galveston. The father is at home with tree other children, according to the great grandmother.

(This article corrects the former report that it was two boys injured)

Comments

comments