Arvest Million Meals Initiative to battle food insecurity
JOPLIN, Mo. – Arvest Bank begins its Million Meals Initiative. It’s a program designed to fight hunger in the more than 135 area communities by supplying donations to local food banks.
Officials say every dollar donated provides the equivalent of five meals for hungry families. Donations stay local and goes to the following partners:
- Pittsburg Schools
- Miami First United Methodist Church Backpack Program
- Carthage Bright Futures
- Joplin Bright Futures
- Lamar Good Samaritan Shop
- Lockwood Ministerial Alliance
- Monett Community Kitchen
- Neosho/Newton County Food Basket Brigade
- Nevada Community Outreach
- Webb City Cares
- Carl Junction Bright Futures
You can make a donation at Arvest location or through the Arvest Go mobile App. More information is available at arvest.com/millionmeals.